1. In the 21st century, altruism has already accomplished greater heights in abstruse advances. While it is a amount of pride, there is addition angle of humanity, which is a could cause of greater concern. The religious agitation unleashed by ISIS, Al Qaeda, Taliban, and Boko Haram groups is worrisome. We assume to be clumsy to nip the angry in the bud. Downing the air-crafts by terrorists has continued, in animosity of all antitoxin measures.
*There is something amiss in our acquaintance or compassionate about religions. Let’s not accelerate to animadversion on Islam or appropriateness of Muslim terrorists. Let us do brooding of practices in our own religions and do our best to analysis the evil, in our religious practices. Let the political, and religious leaders, yield action to check: initially intra-religious violence, followed by inter-religious violence.
2. We should abstain discussing, and criticizing added religions, as it generally leads to violence. However, we can allow to animadversion on our own religious group; it is beneath risky. I am a Sikh. Sikhs too accept deviated from Sikhism – as Christians, Muslims, and Hindus accept deviated from the article of their corresponding religions. People are just not afterward their religious teachings, in letter and spirit.
*Slkhs are an affluent, and adventuresome association from India – who accept migrated to countries all over the world. They plan hard, and accord abundantly for religious/charity causes. Unfortunately they accept been targets of abandon in the US by mistake, as their actualization is about agnate to Islamic terrorists. Now the Sikh association in the US, is demography alleviative measures, proactively, to brainwash bounded citizenry in US about Sikhs, by agreeable them to gurdwaras, on Sundays.
3. Sikhism believes in one God. Idol adoration is not allowed. Sikhism has 10 gurus – animal prophets – who lived during the 15th-18th centuries. Their blue-blooded thoughts, were aggregate later, as the Sikh angelic book, called,’Sri Authority Granth Sahib’. All Sikhs are accepted to attribute 10% of their balance for association welfare.
4. Sikh religious scriptures are in the Punjabi language, accounting in Gurmukhi script. Although the scriptures are in a 300-500 year old language, still the accent is calmly accepted by a archetypal Sikh follower. It is a different affection of Sikhism.
* Christianity has done a bigger job, as the Bible, and account in churches, are accessible in bounded languages all over the world. Account in mosques in Islam adoration is accessible alone in Arabic language, which isn’t simple to accept by non-Arabic Muslims. Religious rites – during marriage, and afterlife – in Hinduism are recited in Sanskrit language, which is not accepted by majority of Hindus.
A Social Role
5. The Sikh temples act as ‘social clubs’ as well, and accomplish the adorning requirements of the society. Sikhs in India pay allegiance in the Sikh temples – alleged ‘Gurdwaras’ – alert a day: firstly, aboriginal in the morning just afore starting the circadian activities, and afterwards in the evening, afterwards the circadian business activities are over. It is a way to remember, God and seek His blessings. There are account congregations, on Sundays, followed by association meals. The aforementioned aliment is served to all associates of the association – affluent or poor.
What Sikhs Can Do!
6. Inflexibility. Sikhism is inflexible, like added religions. It observes durably its behavior and rituals. It refuses to adapt the angelic book, on the affectation that these are God’s words, and we animal beings accept no appropriate to change. For example, there was no abstraction of ‘comma’ that time. We can admit ‘commas’ now in the scriptures, which will advice us to accept the scriptures faster and better, but the abstraction was banned down, by Sikh community. Let Sikhism be a activating religion, which permits discussions,and its religious leaders accept dissension, afterwards threats, affiliated to ‘fatwa’ of Muslim religious leaders.
7. Women. While women accept according rights in Sikhism, they were formally allowed, to recite religious psalms, in capital Gurdwaras, just 2-3 years ago. Even afterwards that, till date, ladies haven’t performed in the Golden Temple, advised the a lot of angelic temple of Sikhism. Thus, the old traditions backpack on. Sikhs accept to proactively, motivate, and invite, adherent ladies to recite religious psalms in the Golden Temple. It will be a abundant celebrated footfall in the account of Sikhs history.
8. Drinks. Sikhs adore drinks, although Sikhism doesn’t accept it. The acumen could be: ‘tobacco’ is accurately banned in scriptures, but liquor is not. It comes beneath all-encompassing ban: annihilation which after-effects in animal beings accepting benumbed is inappropriate. Now Sikh adolescence in Punjab are adversity the aggression of drugs from Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Religious article accept bootless to analysis bubbler habits of Sikhs.
9. Oneness A part of Sikhs. Sikhism believes: ‘ All altruism is one class.’ Unfortunately, it isn’t followed in practice. The betrothed advertisements in newspapers assert that Sikhism is disconnected into sub-groups – Jats, Ramgariahs, and Khatris/Aroras – who are absurd to be unified, in the abreast future. Even religions accept bootless to arrange the followers. The intra-religious hostilities accept resulted in lot of bloodshed.
10. No More Gurus. The tenth authority dictated that afterwards him, alone the angelic book is to be admired as the guru, and no animal getting will be the guru; as animal beings are all accessible to temptations and animal desires. Sikhs argue tooth and nail, the bounded religious sects and the gurus, who accredit to Sikh angelic book for guidance, but affirmation divinity. It has resulted in bloodshed. Sikhs accept to apprentice to be tolerant, of added gurus, rather than gunning them down..
11. Hairs And Beard. Sikhs were advancing by the tenth guru, not to trim hairs and beard, so as to courageously assert their character to the adverse bounded kingdoms. The attitude has continued, as adherent Sikhs accept by Guru’s dictates. There is abhorrence to accumulate hair, and beard, a part of new generations, as it questions, the argumentation of continuing the dictate, if the abhorrence is no best there. There is an burning charge for a proactive approach, and accessible altercation on the issue, to boldness the two adverse viewpoints.